||Two awards of $1,600 each are available.
||Available beginning in the 2016-17 academic year.
| Eligibility Criteria
||The recipients must be students working to complete the BSN Completion program. The scholarship is intended to support one 3-credit course and any required books, per semester. The highest priority is to be given to students with significant financial need verified by the UW-Eau Claire Financial Aid office and FAFSA standards. Students whose burden in pursuing the BSN Completion program would be significantly reduced by receiving this award will be given greatest consideration.
| Application Procedure
||To be considered for scholarships from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, you must be an admitted nursing student and meet any additional criteria as stated by the scholarships. In order to apply, please follow this link to the Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network: http://uwec.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com. This is an online scholarship application site managed by the UW-Eau Claire Foundation. Once you have entered the site, follow the directions below:
- Use your UW-Eau Claire credentials (your UW-Eau Claire User Name and Password) to log-in to the site
- Navigate to the College of Nursing Scholarship Application
- This single application allows you to apply for all Nursing scholarships for which you are eligible
- After you have submitted your completed application, please look for an email communication from email@example.com or Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network explaining your next steps
- In April, if you have been awarded scholarships, you will receive an email from this same address which will direct you to go back to the Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network to review your scholarship(s)
- You will also receive a letter from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences announcing any scholarships you have been awarded
| Selection Procedure
||Selection procedures are to be determined by the Scholarship Committee upon the approval of the dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
| Selection Deadline
||Prior to the Nursing Department scholarship dinner.
| Special Notes
||During the last few months of life, William Bergman was fortunate to be cared for by wonderful nurses. During this time, it became evident that many nurses were in need of completing their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program in order to advance in their nursing careers. This scholarship was William's idea and wish at the end of his life. Through Kathryn's (a 1969 graduate of UW-Eau Claire) continued generosity, the wish has now become a reality. This scholarship will fund a 3 credit course, each semester, for a deserving BSN Completion student.
| Thank You
||Thank you letters are to be addressed to Kathryn Bergman and should detail the courses they are taking and their nursing goals. Letters are to be sent in care of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.