||A one-year $1,500 scholarship for UW-Eau Claire tuition; accompanied by a $500 budget to complete a service project.
||Available beginning in 2017-2018.
| Eligibility Criteria
||The recipient must be a returning member of the UW-Eau Claire Singing Statesmen, have sophomore standing or be in their third semester at UW-Eau Claire, be in good academic standing, have any academic major and have a 3.00 GPA or higher. They must be an ambassador of the Singing Statesmen ensemble to the school and greater community and have demonstrated past service and leadership experience.
Requirements for the service project, which the recipient is required to complete:
- Recipient must be the leader of the project, though he does not necessarily need to complete it on his own
- Project should use music in some way to provide a service to the local or global community
- Project should have an element of community engagement to enhance the public profile of the Singing Statesmen
- Recipient must provide a progress report to the UW-Eau Claire Foundation by February 1 of the receiving academic year and a final report of the service project must be made for the Voice and Choral Newsletter by the end of the receiving academic year
- For students receiving a stipend or salary from UW-Eau Claire or the Music and Theatre Arts Department, the service project must be separate from their paid work (e.g. – the choral assistant is eligible to apply, but the project must be outside of his/her paid activities)
- The $500 designated annually for the project will remain in the scholarship fund until the service project and budget is approved. The dollar amount approved will then be transferred to an appropriate fund in the Music and Theatre Arts Department and made available for use by the recipient.
| Application Procedure
||Go to the Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network. For first time music students, complete the Music and Theatre Arts Audition Application. For continuing music students, complete the Music and Theatre Arts Scholarship Application.
| Selection Procedure
||The donors will have limited involvement in reviewing the applications and providing a ranking of the applicants for the Choral Division of the Music and Theatre Arts Department to review and make the final selection.
||The recipient will be notified by the Music and Theatre Art department's Choral Division. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded for the coming academic year $500 for the project will be disbursed as needed for reimbursement to the recipient by the Music and Theatre Art department.
| Special Notes
||The scholarship was made possible by a group of Singing Statesmen Alumni. This group of 20 alumni made an initial commitment to support this scholarship for the first five years.
| Thank You
||Thank you notes may be addressed to Mr. Athorn and sent in care of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.