||Two awards of $5,000 each.
||Beginning in the 2016-17 academic year.
| Eligibility Criteria
||Recipients must be undergraduates majoring in Nursing and be of junior or senior status. They must also be from Wisconsin, have financial need as required by the UW-Eau Claire Foundation's scholarship award standards, and be accepted into the nursing program. Preference is to be given to students from central Wisconsin.
| Application Procedure
||To be considered for scholarships from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, you must be an admitted nursing student and meet any additional criteria as stated by the scholarships. In order to apply, please follow this link to the Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network: http://uwec.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com. This is an online scholarship application site managed by the UW-Eau Claire Foundation. Once you have entered the site, follow the directions below:
- Use your UW-Eau Claire credentials (your UW-Eau Claire User Name and Password) to log-in to the site
- Navigate to the College of Nursing Scholarship Application
- This single application allows you to apply for all Nursing scholarships for which you are eligible
- After you have submitted your completed application, please look for an email communication from firstname.lastname@example.org or Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network explaining your next steps
- In April, if you have been awarded scholarships, you will receive an email from this same address which will direct you to go back to the Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network to review your scholarship(s)
- You will also receive a letter from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences announcing any scholarships you have been awarded
| Selection Procedure
||The Nursing Scholarship Committee will review applications and recommend a recipient to the dean.
| Selection Deadline
||Prior to the nursing scholarship dinner.
| Special Notes
Zelda and Lloyd's son Jerry created this scholarship to help students who help others. Jerry's preference is to give a gift to individuals who have a desire to give back through their passion for nursing. Jerry is a biology major who graduated in 1967. He worked throughout his life doing research primarily in the entomology field. Jerry credits his mother Zelda for motivating him to attend UW-Eau Claire, which helped him throughout his life both personally and professionally.
Zelda was a nurse in the Greenwood, Wisconsin area and Jerry would like to help UW-Eau Claire nursing students to be able to minimize their tuition costs through this scholarship. Jerry would like this scholarship to go to students who share the same desire his mother had to help others through their passion for nursing.
| Thank You
||Recipients should write a thank you note addressed to Jerry Longridge and send it in care of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.