||One award of $1,000.
| Eligibility Criteria
||Applicants must be accepted into the College of Nursing, be a sophomore, junior or senior, be enrolled full time and have established financial need as verified through the Financial Aid Office.
| Application Procedure
||To be considered for scholarships from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, you must be an admitted nursing student and meet any additional criteria as stated by the scholarships. In order to apply, please follow this link to the Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network: http://uwec.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com. This is an online scholarship application site managed by the UW-Eau Claire Foundation. Once you have entered the site, follow the directions below:
- Use your UW-Eau Claire credentials (your UW-Eau Claire User Name and Password) to log-in to the site
- Navigate to the College of Nursing Scholarship Application
- This single application allows you to apply for all Nursing scholarships for which you are eligible
- After you have submitted your completed application, please look for an email communication from firstname.lastname@example.org or Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network explaining your next steps
- In April, if you have been awarded scholarships, you will receive an email from this same address which will direct you to go back to the Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network to review your scholarship(s)
- You will also receive a letter from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences announcing any scholarships you have been awarded
| Selection Procedure
||The College of Nursing Scholarship Committee shall choose an applicant from the pool of eligible applicants, primarily focusing on a student who would not be able to afford an education without scholarship assistance.
| Selection Deadline
||Prior to the Nursing Scholarship Banquet.
| Special Notes
||This scholarship has been made possible through a generous gift from Mary E. Granger who graduated from UW-Eau Claire College of Nursing in May 1974. She is the co-owner of Comfort Keepers and has built a lifetime career providing nursing services to individuals wishing to remain in their own homes when faced with needing assistance to do so. Mary knows the value of a scholarship saying she would not have been able to attend college or fulfill her lifetime dream if she hadn't received a scholarship herself. Realizing how important her own scholarship was, she wishes to make this opportunity available to a nursing student experiencing similar circumstances.
| Thank You
||Recipients should write a thank you note to Mary Granger and send it in care of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.