||One award of $1,500.
||Beginning in 2017-2018.
| Eligibility Criteria
||The recipient must have participated in the CVTC-UW-Eau Claire cooperative Nursing program.
| Application Procedure
||To be considered for scholarships from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, you must be an admitted nursing student and meet any additional criteria as stated by the scholarships. In order to apply, please follow this link to the Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network: http://uwec.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com. This is an online scholarship application site managed by the UW-Eau Claire Foundation. Once you have entered the site, follow the directions below:
- Use your UW-Eau Claire credentials (your UW-Eau Claire User Name and Password) to log-in to the site
- Navigate to the College of Nursing Scholarship Application
- This single application allows you to apply for all Nursing scholarships for which you are eligible
- After you have submitted your completed application, please look for an email communication from firstname.lastname@example.org or Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network explaining your next steps
- In April, if you have been awarded scholarships, you will receive an email from this same address which will direct you to go back to the Gold for Blugolds Scholarship Network to review your scholarship(s)
- You will also receive a letter from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences announcing any scholarships you have been awarded
| Selection Procedure
||Selection procedures are to be determined by the Scholarship Committee upon the approval of the dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
| Selection Deadline
||Prior to the Nursing scholarship event.
| Special Notes
This fund was established by Professor Emeritus Dr. John Thurston to honor the memory of Helen Brunclik German who died in a car accident in 2013.
Helen graduated from the Luther Hospital School of Nursing as an RN and also attended UW-Eau Claire. She received her BS degree in nursing in 1950 and her Master of Nursing degree in 1962. Helen served as Director of Nursing at Luther Hospital and the Director of the St. Joseph Hospital School of Nursing.
Helen engaged in a 14 year NIMH - sponsored research project in nursing education. She co-authored many articles published in professional nursing journals.She was the consumate, compassionate nurse throughout her long career. She retired from active nursing in 1973.
After retirement, she married Dr. Kempton German. They moved to Matthew Lake, near Trego, WI. After Kemp's death, she and her dog Lola continued to live there until she passed away in 2013.
| Thank You
||Thank you letters should be addressed as follows: one letter addressed to John Thurston, and one letter addressed to Amy Thurston. Send both letters in care of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation Office.